By Madelyn Kearns, SeafoodSource
Twelve finalists will go head-to-head for the 2020 Seafood Excellence Awards on Sunday, 15 March, at Seafood Expo North America/Seafood Processing North America in Boston, Massachusetts, according to event organizer Diversified Communications.
Seventy entries were submitted for this year’s Seafood Excellence Awards, a prestigious competition recognizing the best new seafood products available in the North American market. The remaining 12 finalists will compete before a three-person panel of expert judges in two categories: Best New Foodservice Product and Best New Retail Product.
The judges, who will convene to assess the products on 15 March from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., will evaluate the twelve entries based on their uniqueness and appropriateness to the market, taste profile, packaging, market potential, convenience, nutritional value, and originality, Diversified said in a press release. The winners will be announced at 3 p.m. in the Demonstration Theater at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center, where the expo is taking place.
The finalists are as follows:
- Acme Smoked Fish Corp. – Acme Smoked Salmon Convenience Pack
- Azuma Foods International Inc., U.S.A. – Island Style Marinated Ogo Seaweed
- Bristol Seafood – My Fish Dish Blackened & Smoked Butter Scallops
- East Coast Seafood – Scallops, Wild Mushrooms & Gnocchi
- GlobeXplore – Sea Vegetables & Chipotle Spread
- Handy Seafood Inc. – Thai Chili Shrimp Rolls
- Ideal Fish – Hot Smoked Domestic RAS Branzino
- King & Prince Seafood Corp. – Lobster Salad Sensations
- MeFoodGuy LLC – Gluten Free/Dairy Free Seafood Chowder
- Netuno USA Inc. – Sauté ‘n Serve Thai Coconut Curry
- Ocean Beauty Seafoods LLC – Echo Falls Smoked Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon Tapas Slices
- Trident Seafoods – Trident Seafoods Loaded Baked Potato Crusted Wild Alaska Pollock Fillets
All finalists’ products will be on display during the three-day exposition in the New Product Showcase.
The Seafood Excellence Awards serve as the North American extension of the Seafood Excellence Global Awards competition, held at Seafood Expo Global in Brussels, Belgium. Both Seafood Excellence Awards and Seafood Excellence Global Awards are organized by Diversified Communications, producers of Seafood Expo North America/Seafood Processing North America, Seafood Expo Global/Seafood Processing Global and Seafood Expo Asia. SeafoodSource, produced by Diversified Communications, is the official media for Seafood Expo North America/Seafood Processing North America.