The Global Octopus Supply Roundtable, under the coordination of the Sustainable Fisheries Partnership of which NETUNO is a member, donated $10,000 to the Mexico Yucatan Octopus FIP. This FIP is just 3 passing indicators shy of all 28 needed for achieving MSC certification. Local NGO COBI, which helps coordinate FIP activities on the ground, will address the lack of information about potential use of endangered crab species as bait with this donation. Helping to gather the needed information, the Sustainable Fisheries Partnership hopes to address the issues required to achieve MSC certification for the species.
- Distributors and suppliers shifting focus to retail as restaurant profits plunge
- Netuno USA offers quick-serve shrimp meals in three flavors for retail, five for foodservice
- Bahamas cuts conch quota by half
- NETUNO agrees to contract for Venezuelan spiny lobster MSC Certification pre-assessment
- NETUNO, others exit 2020 Seafood Expo in Boston amid coronavirus concerns